Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Bridal Party - gotta love them!

So I debated and debated about how to ask my bridal party to be... well... part of the bridal party. I didn't really want anyone to feel pressured - though maybe by asking them in person with this card I may have not given them a chance to say no.

I like to pretend I'm a scrapbooker but really, I have the loves of a scrapbooker with no budget and too little guts to get started.

This was a big step for me. I was giving away my little works of art (sort of) to my dearest friends, but what if they didn't like it! Well everyone was amazed (thanks guys haha) that I actually made the card and they all said yes! Here is a sample of two - because I'm a complete bum when it comes to remembering my camera.

My lovely girls come from 4 different stages of my life (not planned):
*Disclaimer: I'm working off Nick's computer here so I don't have some pictures that I know I have on mine (which is broken)
Emily - friends since Elementary School
(Ok Em, we need to get some pictures together that aren't from the first day of various
grades of Elementary School and Middle School stat!)
So I just picked a good one of her :) This is from when she visited in San Francisco. She is pointing at sourdough loaf animal of some sort... it looks really weird and I don't remember what it was!
Christine - friends since High School
Every time (since like soon after we met) Christine and I greet each other by her jumping into my arms.
She is tiny and very easy to pick up but I'm not sure how this started :)
Just something we do! I'm dressed up for Halloween here so don't ask about the board shorts...

Jill (MOH) - friends since College
This is probably the most recent picture of us from last November (eep!) when I went to see her in San Diego because she was there for a neuroscience conference. Note; very large margarita and very happy faces :)

Beth - friends since after College
Yeah, only picture of us - but it was certainly an awesome day. This was like a week before we left San Francisco and Phil (husband of Beth) and Beth went with us to Alcatraz and then we stayed at Rogue all day long. It was quite a time. This is before we got super drunk (well maybe just me) and played cards for hours!

These girls have never all been together at the same time. Emily and Christine are friends because we were all friends in high school and therefore, both have met Jill. Emily has only met her briefly but Christine went to a college down the road from Jill and mine so they saw each other more. Beth hasn't met anyone because we both lived in California for 2 years. I love all my girls and I'm very excited that they will be with me on that day. Hopefully we'll be able to get some more pictures :)

3 comments:

raining sheep said...

I love your cards...what a cute way of asking someone to be in your wedding party...hope the plans are going well. Must be stressful, new job, new city AND wedding coming up.

Unknown said...

annnnd she even personalized each card with the girls' favorite colors :) so nice!

Pretty Bride said...

love the cards!