Monday, November 17, 2008

The Highlands Revisited

My mom came up for a visit on a Friday in October (yeah I've been really bad at posting). My MOH, my mom and I headed up to the site since neither of them had seen it yet. I'm really glad my mom liked it, because it was a little too late - we already put in the contract and deposit!

Warning: Apparently I stink a little at taking clear pictures.
I think this is still good example of the size of the place though.

Entrance Hall - stairs leading down from the bridal and groomal (as Nick says) dressing rooms.
That large doorway leads into the dancing room.
Hi Mom! This is the first room to the left as you walk in.
Hi Mom! Don't kill me for these pictures! This is the first room to the right as you walk in. To the right of my mother is another doorway that leads to a bathroom, the third room and the outside.
This is not the last time Mom! Here is the third room. It is further on the right from the room you just saw.
Jill has sneaked into this one as well! I'm standing close to the back of the dancing room. That rug will be moved and weather permitting, the windows can be thrown open along with the door!
The garden outside where we will have the ceremony.
My mom and I standing in front of where Nick and I will be officially married!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting! what is it-7 months now?

Alanna said...

hi! this is sort of random - i realize this blog is kind of old, but i was wondering if you could tell me about your experience with the Highlands? We're looking around at reception venues, and from what i've seen, it looks perfect. we haven't called or visited yet, but i was hoping you could give me an idea of the prices, and how it worked out for you.

Thanks!